Sunday, November 23, 2008

secrets make friends...

Amy suggested that I blog about some of my favorite beauty products/secrets. Here it goes...WoOOOOoo...
Expensive but you get what you pay for (or what your Mom pays for... I can't afford this but I am lucky enough to have a Mom I can steal things from... muwahaha). Its true, this product is every bit of amazing as the critics say. I use this at night, especially now since it is winter and I am currently using a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel that is extremely drying. My flaky skin is cured when I pat this stuff onto my face. I use this before make up as well. It gives whatever foundation you are using a dewy look. Very awesome.


Nars Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo is amazing. Its great for contouring and a nighttime look. My skin has been bad so I haven't been using this at all. But its great for daytime too. Its very buildable, looks amazing in pictures, not too glittery. Can be as natural or dramatic as you want it to be.



Maybelline Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Eyeliner has been essential in my daily make up routine, but lately I wear little to no make up. But when I do manage to care about my appearance my go to eyeliner has been this stuff. I was never a fan of liquid eyeliner in the past. I used MAC Fluidline in blacktrack/buried treasure. But I was tired of always having to use the angled eyeliner brush to apply it. The product would dry up and clump on the brush if I didn't wash it after every other usage. That, my friends, is too much work. I am all about quick and efficient application of make up (I am super lazy). Its also cheaper to buy this stuff. And I always found pencil liners to be smudgy for me. This doesn't smudge. Staying and lasting power are great. And for the price, it really can't be beat.

Stila Illuminating Concealer is great for covering undereye circles. I also put a little bit on my upperlip area because it is slightly discolored (looks like I have a mustache if I don't ..haha) It does its job well. I like the color as well, although they only have 3 to choose from :/ But I loves it and will be repurchasing soon because its very very gone.

Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint SPF 15 Creme-Gel my go-to tinted moisturizer. I was really into tinted moisturizers this summer. I tried the stila brand tinted moisturizer, and although it was nice, it was a little too drying. Not enough moisture. Might be due to the fact that it was oil-free, but w/e. Anyway, this stuff is great. The coverage is not that great for me considering I have pretty bad acne right now, but I use it anyway because it evens out my skin tone. I also like to think that the tinted moisturizer is better and healthier for my acne prone skin right now as opposed to regular foundation. It also gives off a nice glowy finish. I really like the consistancy too. I can tell that the staying power is good because it doesn't drip down my hand/finger. Anyway, this is about to be repurchased as well.

Well, thats it for now. Those are my most reliable products. I am still on the ongoing and tedious hunt for my most reliable foundation, pressed powder, and body lotion. SIGH. kbye.

1 comment:

Fugface said...

nice! i've been wanting to try the Clinique Moisture Sheer stuff. my fave used to to be the city block version in golden but that was discontinued years ago. :0( I'll have to try some of these things soon!!! hee heee okay... perhaps i'll do my fave products soon too!